The priorities for NAS Jacksonville Morale, Welfare and Recreation are to protect personnel and support the mission. With the current spread of COVID-19, NAS Jacksonville is currently in Health Condition (HPCON) CHARLIE. This page will be updated accordingly should any changes take effect.
Last Updated 2:30 p.m. on May 4, 2020. New changes are italicized.
Effective Friday, May 1, the following measures have been implemented:
- Instituted maximum cleaning and sanitation procedures
- All classes and events have been suspended
Child & Youth Programs
- Transitioning to CYP Level 2 or higher NLT March 30
- Access of care focused on mission essential/mission critical personnel with registered children and must be validated through submission of Childcare Declaration Form here.
- Drop in care is suspended
- Youth Activities Center will be operating as a full day care program for already registered children
- All programs and trips away from the Youth Activities Center are suspended
- The Base Gym, Fitness Center, Family Fitness Center and Indoor Pool are closed
- All outdoor courts, fields & picnic areas are open for individual use
- All Group Fitness classes, Command PT, Intramural Sports & CFL courses are suspended
- Use of the sauna, HPT Room and racquetball courts are suspended
Food & Beverage
- Dewey's closed
- Take out at Mulligan's via credit card only: online ordering and scheduling food pick up is available through Dine on the Go (click here!)
- The NAS Jax Golf Course is open
- Use of golf carts has been reactivated but is limited to one person, per cart.
- Golf course beverage cart is suspended.
- Pro Shop is open 6:30 am - 5 pm with the below precautions implemented:
- Limit 4 people at one time in the Pro Shop.
- One-way traffic through the Pro Shop with stanchions to guide.
- Patrons will enter from the Mulligan’s side door and exit out the back door of the Pro Shop to the deck. Signage is in place indicating entry and exit.
- Social distancing marks (6 feet apart) are on the floor indicating proper distancing while waiting to check-in.
- Essential merchandise such as gloves, balls & tees are located behind the counter and are available for purchase. Purchased items will be issued by the staff.
- Cashless transactions will be maintained and only credit cards may be used for purchases.
- Plexiglas barrier is in place on the counter to limit exposure for the staff.
- Relaxed walking restriction will remain during peak weekend hours.
- Liberty Center is closed.
- Tickets & Travel Office is closed.
- Bowling Center is closed.
- Auto Skills Center is closed.
- Vehicle storage April payments are deferred to May with no late fee.
- Mulberry Cove Marina building is open for winter hours only (closed Tuesdays & Wednesdays).
- Marina retail and gas sales is authorized.
- Equipment rental for stand up paddle boards, canoes and kayaks is suspended
- Boat ramp will remain open to private boat owners.
- Dry dock storage and wet slip storage April payments are deferred to May with no late fee.
- Equipment rental programs are suspended (coolers, grills, chairs, bounce houses, etc).
- Group gatherings are suspended, including bingo, bowling leagues, sailing lessons, special events, trips, tours, tournaments and any similar activities.
- NGIS remains open to mission essential travelers.
- Leisure travel reservations through June 30 are suspended.
- RV Park will remain open to those currently residing in the park only.
- Heritage Cottages will remain open to those currently residing in the cottages only.