Last Updated 2:10 p.m. on August 12, 2020. New changes are italicized.
NAS Jacksonville is currently in Health Condition (HPCON) CHARLIE. This page will be updated accordingly should any changes take effect.
In the midst of the recent pandemic, the top priority for NAS Jacksonville has been and continues to be the health and well-being of its personnel and their families. Every decision has been made with this in mind and in compliance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines and instruction from Commander, Navy Installations Command (CNIC).
The reopening of NAS Jacksonville MWR programs requires approval from CNIC via the Department of the Navy’s Chain of Command. Once the amount of COVID-19 cases improves in the community and on the installation, the Commanding Officer will submit a request to “decouple,” which means NAS Jacksonville will have the opportunity to open programs while still in HPCON CHARLIE, with necessary contingencies. These include, but are not limited to, maintaining social distance of 6 ft., increased disinfecting and sanitation efforts and wearing masks inside facilities and anywhere social distance is unattainable. This page will continue to be updated should any changes take effect.
Child & Youth Programs
- Effective Monday, July 20, the Child Development Center and Youth Activities Center hours of operation will be 6 a.m. - 6 p.m. until further notice.
- Transitioning to CYP Level 2 or higher NLT March 30
- Access of care focused on mission essential/mission critical personnel with registered children and must be validated through submission of Childcare Declaration Form here.
- Drop in care is suspended
- Youth Activities Center will be operating as a full day care program for already registered children
- All programs and trips away from the Youth Activities Center are suspended
Fitness & Aquatics
- The Base Gym, Fitness Center, Family Fitness Center, Indoor Pool and Outdoor Pool are closed.
- All outdoor courts, fields & picnic areas are open for individual use.
- All Group Fitness classes, Command PT, Intramural Sports & CFL courses are suspended.
- Use of the sauna, HPT Room and racquetball courts are suspended.
Food & Beverage
- Dewey's is closed.
- Take out is available at Mulligan's: online ordering and scheduling food pick up is available through Dine on the Go (click here!)
- Mulligan's has introduced a limited menu, click here to view.
- The NAS Jax Golf Course is open.
- Use of golf carts has been reactivated but is limited to one person, per cart.
- Golf course beverage cart is available for beverages only.
- Pro Shop is open 6:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. with the below precautions implemented:
- Limit 4 people at one time in the Pro Shop.
- One-way traffic through the Pro Shop with stanchions to guide.
- Patrons will enter from the Mulligan’s side door and exit out the back door of the Pro Shop to the deck. Signage is in place indicating entry and exit.
- Social distancing marks (6 feet apart) are on the floor indicating proper distancing while waiting to check-in.
- Essential merchandise such as gloves, balls & tees are located behind the counter and are available for purchase. Purchased items will be issued by the staff.
- Cashless transactions will be maintained and only credit cards may be used for purchases.
- Plexiglas barrier is in place on the counter to limit exposure for the staff.
- Relaxed walking restriction will remain during peak weekend hours.
- Liberty Center is closed.
- Tickets & Travel Office is closed.
- Bowling Center is closed.
- Auto Skills Center is closed.
- Vehicle storage April payments are deferred to May with no late fee.
- Mulberry Cove Marina building is open for winter hours. (Monday: 8 a.m. - 3 p.m., Thursday - Sunday & Holidays: 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
- Equipment rental for stand up paddle boards, canoes and kayaks is suspended.
- Boat ramp will remain open to private boat owners.
- Equipment rental programs are suspended (coolers, grills, chairs, bounce houses, etc).
- Group gatherings are suspended, including bingo, bowling leagues, sailing lessons, special events, trips, tours, tournaments and any similar activities.
- NGIS remains open to mission essential travelers.
- Leisure travel reservations through September 30 are suspended.
- RV Park will remain open to those currently residing in the park only.
- Heritage Cottages will remain open to those currently residing in the cottages only.