I. INTRODUCTION: This position is located at the Rec Room, Morale, Welfare and Recreation Division aboard Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. This position is to provide assistance and direct support to MWR Food and Beverage. ALL LOCAL APPLICANTS.
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operates and sets up full and limited service bar for special event booths, with supplies, beverages and mixes.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks.
- Receives and records payment at time of sale, and maintains inventory of stock.
- Ensures stand is in a presentable and sanitary condition.
- Checks and helps maintain cleanliness of store rooms.
- Disposes of waste materials.
- Stocks all necessary supplies, dates and rotates products.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
III. REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge and skill to mix and serve beverages of different varieties and brands. Pre-mixed beverages, such as soda and energy drinks are also served. Knowledge of the correct proportions and mixtures to use in preparing beverages according to name requested from patrons. Ability to operate a commercial blender and grinder. Knowledge of proper food handling is required. Ability to follow an order schedule, visually being able to evaluate what products need to be ordered to keep items available until next delivery. Attention for detail and ability to stay organized. Ability to run a basic cash register and basic math skills.
EVALUATION: Candidates will be evaluated on quality and nature of the experience pertinent to the position. Application must show sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the full range of duties of the Bartender.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job requirements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience including dates of employment, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Resume, including month and year of employment for each position (required)
- Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume.
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
Submit resume/application to: NAF HR Office, PSC 1005 Box 19, FPO AA, 34009, you can drop at Bldg. 2124 (old school house, behind Windjammer) or e-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and number (#2023-064) in the subject line and on your resume. Failure to include this information will result in not being considered for the position.
Resumes that contains PII or EEO information will be rated as INELIGIBLE. (Information such as birth dates, religious affiliations, pictures, passport numbers, etc.).
As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit upon hire.
DON is an EEO employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the office that is collecting the applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
NOTE: Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures (i.e., non-competitive placements in lieu of, or as exceptions to competitive procedures), or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.