I. INTRODUCTION: This position is located within the Windjammer Complex at the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Food and Beverage Department aboard Naval Station, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. The purpose of this position is to provide supervision to food service personnel of assigned shift. ALL LOCAL APPLICANTS
II. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares and cooks a variety of menu items including regular menu items and some specialty items. Roasts, bakes, broils, boils, steams, or fries items as necessary. Must be able to adjust standard recipes to meet the requirements of catered events based on number of guests anticipated.
- Maintains rotation of food inventories to prevent spoilage. Assists manager in purchasing requirements based on daily and weekly menu requirements. Trains and direct cost control procedures.
- Assists in purchasing and menu pricing decisions.
- Incumbent also performs supervisory duties to non-supervisory kitchen personnel as follows:
- Assists in scheduling kitchen staff,
- Motivates subordinates to operate as an effective working unit,
- Trains kitchen personnel in assigned areas.
- Assists in making selections for new staff ensuring that selections are merit based and free of any discriminatory based factors.
- Explains work requirements, methods and procedures as needed. Defines the standard of quality and quantity to be met. Instructs subordinates on difficult tasks. Reviews work while in progress or on completion and ensures items are prepared correctly and that final product is delivered to customer in an attractive and pleasant manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
III. REQUIREMENTS: Must have good working knowledge of food preparation principles. Working knowledge of the planning process involved in cooking an entire meal including different preparation methods for various food items and how to schedule and coordinate preparation to produce a properly cooked meal on time. Knowledge of principles of food spoilage, food borne illness and food handling safety. Must have a practical knowledge of methods and procedures necessary for ordering, issuing and storing food items in accordance with inventory and sanitation requirements.
EVALUATION: Candidates will be evaluated on quality and nature of the experience pertinent to the position. Application must show sufficient knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the full range of duties of the Cook Supervisor.
Applicants are STRONGLY encouraged to address the above job requirements and submit with application. Applications should include all experience including dates of employment, training, education, or other information that is relevant to the announced vacancy.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Resume, including month and year of employment for each position (required)
- Include name and contact information for at least three (3) professional references in your resume.
- If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
- If claiming Military Spouse Preference, a copy of sponsor's orders (applicable for NF-03 and below or equivalent).
- If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
- If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
Submit resume/application to: NAF HR Office, PSC 1005 Box 19, FPO AA, 34009, you can drop at Bldg. 2124 (old school house, behind Windjammer) or e-mail resume to: email@example.com with the job title and number (#2023-063) in the subject line and on your resume. Failure to include this information will result in not being considered for the position.
Resumes that contains PII or EEO information will be rated as INELIGIBLE. (Information such as birth dates, religious affiliations, pictures, passport numbers, etc.).
As a condition of employment, the selectee will be required to participate in the Direct Deposit upon hire.
DON is an EEO employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the office that is collecting the applications. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by case basis.
NOTE: Management reserves the right to fill the vacancy by methods other than merit staffing procedures (i.e., non-competitive placements in lieu of, or as exceptions to competitive procedures), or cancel the vacancy announcement at any time during the recruitment process.