- Announcement Number:
- MWR 31B-2018
- Facilities and Acquisitions
- Position Status:
- Regular, Full Time
- $10.58 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- Local Commuting Area
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Closing Date:
Click here to view the full announcement or read below.
JOB SUMMARY: This position is located in the Morale, Welfare and Recreation Department, NAS Jacksonville. The purpose of this position is to provide facility maintenance for all MWR facilities and office spaces.
- Sweeps floor areas, vacuums carpeted areas routinely, dusts and wipes down furniture and fixtures as needed.
- Washes and waxes floors using automatic waxing machines; washes windows, walls, and woodwork and keep facility clean.
- Moves furniture, fixtures and stock as required. May unload and load heavy boxes, bulky supplies and materials to from truck by hand and using hand truck or dolly.
- Operates carpet shampoo machine as required for cleaning carpeted areas.
- Cleans stove hoods as directed in the clubs and snack bars. May be required to move heavy appliances to deep clean kitchen areas as required.
- Empties and removes trash daily from all spaces and deposits in dumpster. Replaces trash liners
- Polices outside areas of facilities, picking up trash, cans, bottles, limbs and other debris. May be required to trim or week planted areas to ensure overall appearance of facility.
- Washes, cleans/sanitizes and restocks restrooms daily in each facility.
- Reports all equipment malfunctions to department manager and immediate supervisor for corrective action. Informs facility manager of cleaning supplies needed, ensue proper quantities are maintained at all times.
- Replaces lightbulbs, unclogs, drains as required, hangs things on walls(shelves, etc) or replaces items, may do touch up painting, etc.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED: Incumbent must possess a knowledge of custodial and maintenance functions. Ability to operate commercial type power cleaning equipment. General knowledge of safety procedures required for all areas. Ability to follow written and oral instructions. Must be able to pass a physical examination as well as hearing, sight and respiratory test(must be recertified annually).
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed both indoors and outdoors. May be exposed to weather conditions, chemical fumes, dust, dirt and grease. May be subject to cuts, scrapes and possible falls. Will be required to wear protective eye glasses, ear protections and mask. Must wear safety shoes(rubber sole) to help prevent slipping and falls.
NOTE: Some positions have special requirements. Selection may be tentative pending the completion of the satisfactory employment reference checks and receipt of proof of education (where applicable). Selectee may be required to complete a one (1) year probationary period. Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within the first 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. Salary is dependent on experience and/or education. This announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies within 60 days of closing date.
The Department of the Navy is an Equal Opportunity Employer where employees are respected and valued. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or any other non-merit factor. Reasonable accommodations are provided to applicants with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed for any part of the application and hiring process, contact the NAF HR Office. The decision on granting reasonable accommodations will be on a case by basis.
HOW TO APPLY: All interested applicants should submit an application OR resume as well as the Declaration of Federal Employment (OF 306) (http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/of0306.pdf) in one of the following ways:
BY FAX TO: (904) 542-3424
SUBMIT VIA EMAIL TO: JAXS_NAS_MWRJOBAPPS@NAVY.MIL
NAF Application form and Request for Military Spouse Preference form can be picked up at the MWR Personnel Office or can be downloaded from navymwrjacksonville.com under the "Jobs" tab.
EMPLOYMENT PREFERENCE: If requesting any type of employment preference, supporting documentation must be submitted with the application/resume to prove preference eligibility. The submission of a preference does not guarantee a position as applicant still must be highly qualified with the knowledge, skills, and educational requirements of each submittal.
*If claiming Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-214 (page 4) as well as any other supporting documentation (disability, official statements, proof of service, etc). is required.
*If claiming Gold Star Veteran's Preference, completed SF-15 and a legible copy of DD-1300 as well as any other supporting documentation (official statements, document of service, court decree, etc.) is required.
*If claiming Department of Defense (DOD) Non-appropriated Fund (NAF) Business Based Action (BBA) Priority consideration, submit a copy of the notice of separation.
*If you are a current federal employee, submit your most recent Personnel Action Report (PAR) or SF-50.
*Proof of education (transcripts/copy of degree/high school diploma), if applicable to position requirements.
SPOUSAL PREFERENCE: Spousal Preference can be used only once to gain regular full time employment in the commuting area but may be used multiple times for flexible type position.
To prove eligibility, you must submit the following with your resume/application:
- Request for Military Spouse Preference form
- Copy of spouses’ orders that state the “Ultimate Activity” is within the average commuting distance to NAS Jacksonville.
- A copy of the marriage certificate that provides proof that marriage occurred prior to the issuance of the orders.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
?Employment is contingent upon a successfully completed and positively adjudicated National Agency Check (NACI) or higher background clearance as required by the position or local security requirements.