The MWR Community Recreation Program is proud to support recreational command events aboard NAS Jacksonville. A limited amount of equipment is available at no cost for command events that meet the criteria. All equipment is subject to availability. The requirements to receive this equipment at no cost are as follows:
- The event must be recreational in nature and open to the entire command. Excluded events are retirement ceremonies, reenlistment ceremonies, change of commands, hail and farewells, or other wardroom events. Events that do not meet the requirements may rent the equipment for a fee
- The event cannot be a fundraiser, private party, or involve the collection of funds, raising of funds, or donation of funds
- The equipment is available for use aboard NAS Jacksonville only.
- Reservations may be made up to six (6) months in advance.
- The request form must be signed by the Commanding Officer, Executive Officer, Command Master Chief or OIC acknowledging that the event is in fact a recreational command function that meets the requirements listed above.
Command Event Trailers
The MWR Community Recreation Program operates two (2) 18' Command Event Trailers (CET's). Each CET comes with 20 tables, 100 chairs, 2 bounce houses, 2 cornhole board sets, 2 10x10 Pop up Canopies, Ladder Ball, 2 120 qt Coolers, and an assorted Sports Pack. In order to request a CET, download the form here. Complete the form and have an authorized representative sign it, and bring it to the Community Recreation Office in Bldg 622 (Auto Skills) or email the form to email@example.com.
The Trailers will be delivered on the day of your Command Event and picked up once the event is completed. If you are not using a Command Event Trailer, Commands must arrange for transportation and provide a working party to pick up equipment from the MWR Community Recreation Office and return on the date provided on the rental agreement.
Other Equipment Available
The following equipment is available for Command Events in addition to the Command Event Trailers.
- PA System
- Bounce Houses
- Inflatable Obstacle Course
- Inflatable Slide (Dry only)
- Dunk Tank
- 10x10 Pop up Canopy
- Cornhole Boards
- Coolers (120qt)
- Volleyball Net
- Sports Balls
- Yard Games
- Gas Grills
Equipment Pickup and Drop Off
If renting equipment outside of the trailers, the Commands are responsible for providing a working party to pick up and drop off the equipment.
- Pickup: all equipment must be picked up by 4 p.m. on the day of the rental agreement.
- Drop Off: all equipment must be returned between 8 a.m. and Noon on the day indicated on the rental agreement form.
Park and Pavilion Reservations
If you are looking to reserve one of the MWR Parks or Pavilions, please see below:
Base Gym: (904) 542-2930
- Sea King Park and Pavilion, capacity 250
- Allegheny Recreation Complex, capacity 250
Marina: (904) 542-3260
- Marina Pavilion, capacity 100
- Fisherman’s Cove Pavilions, capacity 100
- Mariner’s Cove, capacity 50
Users are responsible for repair or replacement charges for damages and losses resulting from negligent use. Handle equipment with care. Equipment that is returned dirty or unclean is subject to a cleaning fee.
If you have a question regarding equipment for Command Events, call (904) 542-3681 or (904) 542-3227.