Unaccompanied personnel reporting to Jacksonville have a number of excellent on base housing choices. Unaccompanied Housing (UH) is conveniently located near the center of the base on Saratoga Street allowing immediate access to the main dining facility, chapel, gym, and fitness center. It's just a short walk away from the Navy Exchange, commissary, McDonalds and the Navy Exchange food court.
The UH houses approximately 1,600 service members in two buildings:
- Building 822 provides permanent party billeting for eligible unaccompanied personnel with some rooms that include washer/dryers and kitchenettes.
- Building 846 provides accommodations for personnel temporarily assigned duty under instruction to the station or to tenant commands. Accommodations are one or two persons to a room based on pay grade and square footage.
- Building 822 serves as the check-in point for both buildings and is manned 24 hours a day. Linen is provided at check-in.
- As an added convenience to residents, there are lounges equipped with televisions, video games, Internet and vending machines.
There are many advantages to living on base for Single Sailors:
- Close to work
- Centrally located
- Off Street parking
- Utility bills included
- Free laundry facilities
- Vending / Recreational Area
- Close to NEX, Commissary, Galley, Gym & Pool
The Housing Service Center (HSC) stands ready to assist you in determining your eligibility and options and in locating acceptable housing. Depending on your assignment status (shore duty, sea duty, student, etc.) and pay grade, your options may include Navy Unaccompanied Housing (UH), dormitories or housing in the local community. The local community offers a full range of housing options for rent or for purchase. Be sure to check in with us at the HSC for all of the latest information, listings and assistance. For more information, call (904) 542-2996.